Lilli Marleen

Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.

You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?


My email:
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!

As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.

My about page is here




My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
ectophensis
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck
Hi, I'm black!
Eschaton
Papa Scott
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different


German Blogs I read:

ap-project
Lyssas Lounge
London Leben
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Anke Groener
Almost a Diary
Denkmetho.de
l.o.g
lawblog
Beruf Terrorist
blog.nrwspd.de


Other links:
Social Democrats in Germany
Die Zeit
(a german newspaper)
Spiegel
(the german magazine)
Underground
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
Rautavistische Universitaet


Disclaimer

Webrings

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? blogs by women # >

< ? I Talk Back # >







disclaimer
Feedback by blogBack
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Donnerstag, Juni 24, 2004
 
Solution for lazy people like me
I love to read. I was able to read before I went to school, even when I never visited a kindergarten (just for a few months, then we moved). I learned it from Sesame-Street which had just started then in Germany and "Schulfernsehen" afterwards. I had much time to watch TV in the mornings, because I was home alone from when I was four years old, because Mom was working til 1.00 pm.
Usually a neighbour came over twice an hour to watch if everything was okay and the other time I played or watched TV. But TV in the mornings was not what it is today, remember we only had three channels then. It was "Third Programm" only and they had "School Television" only.
Anyway, I was shocked that all the words I could read I would have learn to write when I went to school, like my Mom likes to tell.
When we read books at school, we usually got the books and then read it chapter for chapter a school together, or sometimes we had to read the one or the other chapter at home, but however it was made, since I had read the whole book the next morning, I was bored to dead after a few days and never really paid attention to what the teacher told me about booooring stuff like "Hermann Hesse - Unter'm Rad" or "Mutter Courage", two pieces of literature, I really strongly dislike.
But... there was help for tired pupils. There were these yellow Reclam booklets, giving a Summary and some interpretations about a novel, or a drama or whatever we read.
Yeah!! I loved these Reclam booklets, they were written understandably, they weren't too expensive, and absolutely worth the money!

Even when I belong to the Germans who came to like Bill Clinton, simply because he has such a positive aura surrounding him - and I think, someone who is able to live with such a powerwoman like Hillary has to has something special - I don't think I will buy his memories-book and read it, but of course I'd like to know what it contents.

Thank to Nico I found authors giving me (and the rest of the world) "The condensed Bill Clinton" to read. What a great idea! I don't like such books at all, I've read a few, but besides Nelson Mandela, Coco Schumann and my own diaries, they all were boring at some point.