Lilli Marleen

Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.

You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?


My email:
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!

As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.

My about page is here




My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
ectophensis
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck
Hi, I'm black!
Eschaton
Papa Scott
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different


German Blogs I read:

ap-project
Lyssas Lounge
London Leben
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Anke Groener
Almost a Diary
Denkmetho.de
l.o.g
lawblog
Beruf Terrorist
blog.nrwspd.de


Other links:
Social Democrats in Germany
Die Zeit
(a german newspaper)
Spiegel
(the german magazine)
Underground
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
Rautavistische Universitaet


Disclaimer

Webrings

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? blogs by women # >

< ? I Talk Back # >







disclaimer
Feedback by blogBack
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Montag, Mai 24, 2004
 
So is there hope for friendship between them?
I don't like France.
It might be, because I don'T speak the language and so don't understand the people and all.
The one time I was in Paris for a weekend was a trauma.
None of us spoke French and at the Restaurant we didn't know if the words on the card were the food or the waiters adress, so we were pissed about stuff being out own fault - why do we go to a place where noone undertands the people?

The few french people I got to know (in France) were without exception absolutely arrogant, simply refused to speak anything but French with me, even when they were old enough to have learned english at school. I can't stand French films and just very little of french music, there are just very few french actors I like, and French food...? Well, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, German and English is what I like much more.

I'm sure, I would like it better if I knew it better, but I see no reason to waste my holiday time in France, when I could stay where I really like it, be it in England or the German North.

On the opposite there is Great Britain - I love it! I speak the language (well if you consider Lilli-english being english), I like the humour, the Brits have wonderful musicians like Robbie Williams, the food is great, most of the Brits I met were pretty okay, the one or the other was even more to me, so who am I to waste my thoughts on the french?

The only positive was the recent French action when Bush went into this war that will cost him his re-election (I hope it so much!). I was really sad, my so much liked Brits were unable to do anything else than jumping on George W.'s lap.

The most Brits I know don't like France, too. Some dislike them because of their peace-politics, others have real reasons for it.

The more is stuff like this that lets hope for friendship... some day.