Lilli Marleen

Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.

You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?


My email:
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!

As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.

My about page is here




My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
ectophensis
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck
Hi, I'm black!
Eschaton
Papa Scott
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different


German Blogs I read:

ap-project
Lyssas Lounge
London Leben
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Anke Groener
Almost a Diary
Denkmetho.de
l.o.g
lawblog
Beruf Terrorist
blog.nrwspd.de


Other links:
Social Democrats in Germany
Die Zeit
(a german newspaper)
Spiegel
(the german magazine)
Underground
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
Rautavistische Universitaet


Disclaimer

Webrings

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? blogs by women # >

< ? I Talk Back # >







disclaimer
Feedback by blogBack
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sonntag, Mai 16, 2004
 
Elections!!
Hey, did you notice, on June 13th, just in four weeks time, some of the most important elections in the European world will happen?
No?
No wonder.
On June 13th, we'll be able to elect a new European parliament, and I'm totally shocked how little the germans care for it. We think the participation will be under 59% which I find absolutely awful!
The EU and the EU's decisions have such a high impact on our day to day life, but we leave the politicians there do their job nearly without any common interest.
They decidede things, affecting our lifes really much, but we let them do just as if they were doing stuff, completely unimportant.
Weel, if I were European politician, maybe my interest would also be, not drwaing too much attention on me, but is that something we should them let get away with? Surely not!
If I look around, with the usual exceptions, it's a fucking shame what quality the candidates have, we sent there, Either they're politicians we don't want to see any longer in Berlin or they're completely unaware of the workd around them.
What contact to normal people to they have? They're doing some happenings here and there and the time in between they disappear until the next election.
It pisses me off, but allI can do is trying to change it in my little cosmos, so I'll try at least that.
So, if you're European - Go to the election on June 13th! If you'll be not home at this day, go and have your vote counted by letter or directly or whatever possibility your country offers.
I don't tell you to vote for the SPD in Germany, even if that's the only choice for me - imagine where the CDU would have sent our soliders the last months if they have could - but that's up to everyone. As long as you vote for a democratuc party, Go and Vote on June 13th.!!