Lilli Marleen

Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.

You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?


My email:
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!

As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.

My about page is here




My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
ectophensis
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck
Hi, I'm black!
Eschaton
Papa Scott
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different


German Blogs I read:

ap-project
Lyssas Lounge
London Leben
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Anke Groener
Almost a Diary
Denkmetho.de
l.o.g
lawblog
Beruf Terrorist
blog.nrwspd.de


Other links:
Social Democrats in Germany
Die Zeit
(a german newspaper)
Spiegel
(the german magazine)
Underground
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
Rautavistische Universitaet


Disclaimer

Webrings

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? blogs by women # >

< ? I Talk Back # >







disclaimer
Feedback by blogBack
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Montag, April 26, 2004
 
Mona Lisa is getting old
You know, Paris is said to be the city of lovers.
It surely is not for me.
First - I don't speak any French. Since my first foreign language at school was Latin and the second one English, I never had to learn French. And I never saw a reason to do so.
So a trip to Paris was bearing some risks. It must be about 15 years ago, when we - four young couples - drove in two cars from Cologne to Paris for a long weekend. It was awful.
My boyfriend and I we were the only couple still being a couple when we drove home, the others separated in Paris. We had to change rooms, so that the girls had rooms on their own and the boys, too. No matter that my sweetie and I wanted to stay together, we just had to help our friends.
The problem was that none of us was speaking a proper french, so we went into a restaurant and saw on the card something we didn't know if it was the menue, the day of the week or the name and adress of the restaurant owner.
Anyway, our Paris trip was awful.
I'm not such a group-type, and I'll never understand why there is an obligation to stay together like a herd of sheep when you are on holiday with certain friends. So we went to the Louvre.
Oh Yeah, I thought, the Louvre. I love museums, one of my sweetest memories is my weekend in London all alone and having a whole day to spend it in the British Museum just as I liked.
So - the Louvre made my day.
I thought so.
But my friends were able to "group up" even this, so all I saw was Venus of Milo, the Mona Lisa and the exhibition Louvre at the Middle Age.
In 40 minutes.
No less but not a single second more.

40 minutes for the Louvre.
Is like kissing, foreplay, fucking, afterplay in 5 minutes.
Is like watching 9 1/2 weeks in Fast Forward.
Is something that should be "verboten" by Geneva convention.

I've never been to Paris since then. I guess it was some kinda traumatizing me. I'm sure it was. Btw - ths boyfriend and I split up the week we came back from Paris.

So now the Mona Lisa is showing signs of ageing.
And I just hasted through her room.

It's a shame.