Lilli Marleen

Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.

You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?


My email:
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!

As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.

My about page is here




My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
ectophensis
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck
Hi, I'm black!
Eschaton
Papa Scott
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different


German Blogs I read:

ap-project
Lyssas Lounge
London Leben
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Anke Groener
Almost a Diary
Denkmetho.de
l.o.g
lawblog
Beruf Terrorist
blog.nrwspd.de


Other links:
Social Democrats in Germany
Die Zeit
(a german newspaper)
Spiegel
(the german magazine)
Underground
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
Rautavistische Universitaet


Disclaimer

Webrings

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? blogs by women # >

< ? I Talk Back # >







disclaimer
Feedback by blogBack
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Dienstag, Februar 03, 2004
 
Eight and a Half Year
I feel strange when I learn that it will bring you into prison for no longer than 8.5 years when you kill a person and eat him for nothing than your own sexual kick and pleasure.
Okay, the person was consenting.
So, does that make the murder to killing on demand?
We had a quite lively discussion about this at the office, too. The problem is - what would be a fair sentence for the Cannibal? He had a thing about wanting to kill and eat a Human. It must be a man and it must be in consent.
He would not have eaten someone who didn't consent, that's proven, since he let go sevral others who stopped the, what they thought, game.
But for him it wasn't a game, he was - excuse me - dead serious.
Is he responsible to realize that his consenting victim was unable to give consent because of whatever mental problems?
Is he responsible for giving this guy what he had wanted?

I think he is, but that might be because I have some special relation to the meanings of the word "consent" and "being able to consent". For me, this cannibal Armin Meiwes has a really really sick fantasy where consent is no longer a valid point or excuse for anything.

Who will know if the victim was "really" consenting. Who will know if it wasn't just a game for him and he was unable to stop it when he hit the edge? Who will know if Mr. Meiwes won't go out in 6 years and look for the next victim on the Internet, even when he now claims, that he'll never do it again, because his fantasy is fulfilled. I mean, who can judge it? There aren't so many of cannibals around out there for psychologists to have any experience with them. Who can judge how far a person with mental problems is able to consent? Obviously the German Judge couldn't.