Lilli Marleen

Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.

You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?


My email:
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!

As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.

My about page is here




My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
ectophensis
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck
Hi, I'm black!
Eschaton
Papa Scott
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different


German Blogs I read:

ap-project
Lyssas Lounge
London Leben
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Anke Groener
Almost a Diary
Denkmetho.de
l.o.g
lawblog
Beruf Terrorist
blog.nrwspd.de


Other links:
Social Democrats in Germany
Die Zeit
(a german newspaper)
Spiegel
(the german magazine)
Underground
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
Rautavistische Universitaet


Disclaimer

Webrings

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? blogs by women # >

< ? I Talk Back # >







disclaimer
Feedback by blogBack
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sonntag, Januar 04, 2004
 
Predictable
When I heard about the problems Beagle still seems to have (or it's already in little robot-heaven and doesn't have any problems at all) and when I then heard about the great success the latest landing of the US thing was, I was kinda counting seconds when the first "Schadenfreude" will come over.
Of course it came. It's fun to be right.
And of course it's well earned, because I also buy this european arrogance. We think the Old Europe is still superior to the young USA when it comes to culture and among many others, of course also science. This comes basically from the exodus of many scientists (and other brilliant brains) during the Nazi-Time.
But well, these times are over and one must admit that the US has build a great pool of scientists and in the Old Europe there is a shocking lack of funding and supporting of scientists.
So yes, the "Schadefreude" is somehow deserved, because Beagle failed where the US thing is successfull.

But do we really mind? Of course not. We're happy for every thing that makes it to Mars surface and sad for each that fails. From whomever this might be sent.

David wants Michael Moore to help here, but I guess, Marsians don't want to hear anything about Nike abusing its workers or about what a nut the US President is, but keeping on aiming at stuff trying to land on their planet.