Lilli Marleen

Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.

You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?


My email:
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!

As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.

My about page is here




My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
ectophensis
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck
Hi, I'm black!
Eschaton
Papa Scott
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different


German Blogs I read:

ap-project
Lyssas Lounge
London Leben
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Anke Groener
Almost a Diary
Denkmetho.de
l.o.g
lawblog
Beruf Terrorist
blog.nrwspd.de


Other links:
Social Democrats in Germany
Die Zeit
(a german newspaper)
Spiegel
(the german magazine)
Underground
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
Rautavistische Universitaet


Disclaimer

Webrings

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? blogs by women # >

< ? I Talk Back # >







disclaimer
Feedback by blogBack
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Mittwoch, Januar 28, 2004
 
French Headscarf Ban - A gift to radical Muslims?
Well, everyone who reads what I write sometimes, knows, that I'm a fan of the headscarf ban and that I support in what the French are doing. I think and hope, Germany will come to a similar solution.
I could live with the diversion into religious and political signs, but to ban all huge religious signs is just fair. (Leaves me wondering if they'll ban oak-trees from schoolgrounds by now...)

I also know that many muslims were protesting the last weeks, they were also in Germany, but nearly noone cared.

So now the former french education minister, Francois Bayrou claimes that he's against the ban, because it gives radical muslims a reason to protest.

Yes, one could see it that way. But the only consequence would be to convert to Islam right now.
And to whatever religion cries loudest next week.
Silly.

Sure, but dear Mr. Bayrou prefers to forget that radicals find a reason for terror just because terror. He still confuses Osama and his closest helpers with Muslim.
Sorry, but they don't become Terrorists because they are muslims, they become Terrorists because they are assholes! Because they put their will above the live and the health of thousands or millions of people.
Show me a religion who teaches that.
You won't find one.

And so Mr. Bayrou fails to a common fault, the Terrorists are assholes who happen to me Muslims. And not the other way round. I don't talk about the little ones on the ends. The little ones, who lose their lifes in suicide attacs, car bombings and other shit. They have been radicalized by Terrorists for a long time. But the real Terrorists neither live in Palestine nor in Iraq or Afghanistan. The real Terrorists, the ones with the money, with the visions and with the real power, they sit in huge and warm buildings no "normal" person ever dares to step in.