Lilli Marleen

Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.

You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?


My email:
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!

As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.

My about page is here




My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
ectophensis
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck
Hi, I'm black!
Eschaton
Papa Scott
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different


German Blogs I read:

ap-project
Lyssas Lounge
London Leben
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Anke Groener
Almost a Diary
Denkmetho.de
l.o.g
lawblog
Beruf Terrorist
blog.nrwspd.de


Other links:
Social Democrats in Germany
Die Zeit
(a german newspaper)
Spiegel
(the german magazine)
Underground
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
Rautavistische Universitaet


Disclaimer

Webrings

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? blogs by women # >

< ? I Talk Back # >







disclaimer
Feedback by blogBack
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Samstag, Januar 03, 2004
 
Bible knowlegde
Hmm.. some of you might know that my relationship to the Bible is more a critisizing one, but I don't think it's bad or bullshit or so. I do believe that in the Bible is standing the base of how any community can work.

Don't go around and do to others what you don't want to be done to you.
Be good to old people and to children.
Don't fuck around with anyone's spouses.

That's the basic rules and I find them in the Bible, in the Qu'ran and in whatever holy book I look. The rest is more or less stuff put around to make it sound better, to make it easier to understand or to make the local agent of the chosen entity richer or liked better or whatever.
So, what do I think of someone who calls the world to take the bible literally? What do I think of someone who demands that people don't pick their favourites out of the bible but also accept the whole and complete writing. Even whle I accept his believe, I don't think he's owner of the fittest braincells alive, at least when he also demands such stuff not just from himself, but also from me and anyone else!

Atrios, being the darling he is, posted a link to the glorious letter to Dr. Laura from Mr. Jack Ballinger

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people
re God's law. I've learned a great deal from you,
and I try to share that knowledge with as many
people as I can. When someone tries to defend
the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply
remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it
to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding
some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know
it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The
problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not
pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as it
suggests in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what
do you think would be a fair price for her?

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman
while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness
(Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I
have tried asking, but most women seem to take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the
nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that
this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Please clarify?
It says, also, that if I hit my slaves I shouldn't kill
them, as it ruins them for work purposes--but it's fine with
God if I maim them a little, putting them at death's door--
so long as I get another days work out of them...What's the
best method?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the
Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be
put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish
is an abomination (Lev. 10:10), it is a lesser abomination
than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of
God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that
I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have
to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

I know you've studied these things extensively,
so I'm confident you can help.

Thanks again for reminding us that God's Word is
eternal and unchanging.

Not Yours,

A Bible Reader


So, who's picking and choosing what to obey today and what not?

I have posted this before, I know, but things like this one can't be posted enough, I really love it!

And on the more serious side - everyone should belive as he and she wants. But I stop to be kind and tolerating everyone's belief the moment they don't tolerate mine and try to tell me how it's done.