Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.
You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!
As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.
My about page is here
My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck Hi, I'm black!
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different
German Blogs I read:
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Almost a Diary
Social Democrats in Germany
(a german newspaper)
(the german magazine)
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
< ? blogs by women # >
Mittwoch, Dezember 17, 2003
Saddam Hussein will have his trial in Iraq?
At least that's what the Iraqis say, according to the BBC news.
I still ponder about several things:
- who will be able to grant the safety of Saddam while the trial is going on and of the judge (s), after the trial has happened?
- will Saddam have the possibility to talk to reporters? What will he say? I could imagine he has much knowledge that could be, well, at least difficult for the USA, he was for some time a good friend of the US, to not forget it.
- what will happen if the outcome won't meet the hopes of either the USA or the UK (Blair didn't want execution, Bush indicated he had no problems with it)?
- if death penalty wouldn't be an option, where would he be held imprisoned and who would be able to grant safety there, maybe for years?
- what will "the Arabs" do, and what solution other than setting him free would be acceptable for them?
I must admit, I'm too lazy to wade through tons of Press material, so if anyone of you would find some official material answering one of these questions, I'd be happy for a link or so.