Lilli Marleen

Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.

You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?


My email:
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!

As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.

My about page is here




My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
ectophensis
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck
Hi, I'm black!
Eschaton
Papa Scott
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different


German Blogs I read:

ap-project
Lyssas Lounge
London Leben
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Anke Groener
Almost a Diary
Denkmetho.de
l.o.g
lawblog
Beruf Terrorist
blog.nrwspd.de


Other links:
Social Democrats in Germany
Die Zeit
(a german newspaper)
Spiegel
(the german magazine)
Underground
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
Rautavistische Universitaet


Disclaimer

Webrings

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? blogs by women # >

< ? I Talk Back # >







disclaimer
Feedback by blogBack
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Samstag, November 22, 2003
 
Wondergirls new bed
Yesterday, the whole Lilli family decieded we need new beds.
Wondergirls bed is the one where she can't get out on her own and it's becoming really too small and too short. We were thinking on a "Hochbett" a bed where she can climb a ladder into and use the space under it for playing and so, but she's a tad too young for that. The danger of falling out is a tad too high for my taste. We will wait a few years and if we'll be still iving in a place with high ceilings, she will get her "Hochbett".
We also thought that we needed a new bed, too, since ours is my old one which I got about 13 years ago. It's time!
So, what else could we do as go to the next IKEA?
So we went there, on a Friday afternoon, like a few thousands other people, too. Mr. Lilli and Wondergirl collected me from the office, and when we drove on the IKEA ground, we saw it was not the wisest idea. IKEA is great for families with children. Wondergirl is not yet old enough to play in the childrens.paradise, so she was joining us.
Finding aplace for the car is alredy a bit difficult. They do offer space extra for families having children with them, but they're always full and used by everyone who thinks it counts as a "being with child" when they have either the picture of a friends baby with them or the safety-seat back in the car. Well, we found one with a bit of luck right next to them and then we went up into the restaurant. Great restaurant. I could spend the whole day there. They have extra space for the children to play, you pay once for your coke and can fill up as long as you want and the food is okay, too.
I might consider spending my next holidays there with wondergirl.
After a long process of comparing, decieding and matress-testing, we decieded on two beds. One for Wondergirl and one for us. The one for us will be delivered on Friday (at least they promised it) and the one for wondergirl we wanted to take with us.
So there we were, heading to the counter. Like gazillions of other people, too. We were standing in this effing line for about 40 minutes until I was able to see then end. They just had five spots from about 12 possible availabe. Really ugly. I mean - what helps the best childrenfriendly house, when you and your child stand there for ages in a row and wait? Awful!
After we paid (and got frightened about the huge amount of money we spent for the beds and "some stuff"), we had to wait again for Wondergirl bed to be brought out to us. After another 30 minutes it was ours. We came home too late to build it, so we had to do this today.
Both of us - Hubby and I love building IKEA stuff. Usually we fight who is allowed too, but today is was hard. Maybe it was because he smashed a woodn piece against my toe, or because I have my periods and my bitchie mood, but anyway - Wondergirl went to bed today into her new bed.
We know are fearing what might happen tomorrow morning. Not that she comes to us and waks us up at 6 am, I'm fearing more that she doesn't come and wake us up and instead re-arranges the whole flat...