Lilli Marleen

Lillis place for rants and musing about life, universe and the whole rest. Mostly left, mostly sarcastic, sometimes in german, sometimes in Lilli-english.

You look for the Song Lilli Marleen?


My email:
LilliMarleen_Weblog AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk
If the 400 characters in my comments are not enough, just mail me!

As you might see soon, english is not my mothertongue. And since english speaking people are used to others stumble around in their language, I hope I don't make too much of an idiot of myself here. So - my deepest apologies adressed to the English Language for not worshipping her better.

My about page is here




My Atom Feed
Blogs I like:
Arons Israel Peace Weblog
Daddy, Papa & Me
ectophensis
The Lefty Directory
view from the back window of my pickup truck
Hi, I'm black!
Eschaton
Papa Scott
A Fistful Of Euros
The Russian Dilettante
Little Yellow Different


German Blogs I read:

ap-project
Lyssas Lounge
London Leben
industrial-technology and witchcraft
Anke Groener
Almost a Diary
Denkmetho.de
l.o.g
lawblog
Beruf Terrorist
blog.nrwspd.de


Other links:
Social Democrats in Germany
Die Zeit
(a german newspaper)
Spiegel
(the german magazine)
Underground
Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
Roots of English Dictionary
Rautavistische Universitaet


Disclaimer

Webrings

< ? Redhead Blogs # >

< ? blogs by women # >

< ? I Talk Back # >







disclaimer
Feedback by blogBack
www.blogwise.com
Blogarama This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Donnerstag, April 03, 2003
 
The first heroine of this war
Group Commander Steve has it, like many others on his page - a link to a story reporting the rescue of Jessica Lynch.
First: I am happy that she is safe and alive. As I keep saying, if the United States had a different president, she any many others would have been never in danger to risk their lifes for the Iraqis who, as our media report in the biggest parts - really don't want to be liberated from the US right now. They hate Saddam and want to see him dead or at least far away, but this US attitude is a bit too much for most of muslims. As for some other parts of what I call civilized world. ;-)
Back to Jessica Lynch.
She was captured, she was brought in a hospital. She was maybe tortured, at least she saw and heard torturing around her. She was rescued by american soldiers. Great!
So, this was the whole story in one line. The american media will make a handfull of talkshows, a lot of news-flashes and I bet there is someone already writing the screenplay for Hollywood about her. It comes so hany right now! The girl seems to be made for a heroine. She's the lowes military grade, so everyone, even the most stupid dumbass who survives daily life just by accident, will be able to identify with her.
She is young. She looks really cute. These two things are never bad for a person on page 1.
Her family is poor, her brother is also in service. Also looks good and helps this "American Dream" thing a lot. Everybody can be a hero, even if he's poor and has nothing but tw children at the army.
She is said to have fought like crazy. Well, I always assumed that's expected from a soldier, but I can be wrong there, since I don't know what the exact skills are a soldier has to fulfill.
Well, he rescue came just right in time. The support in the US was decreasing, the stock marked, also and the numbers of people who started to think about peace and who started to talk about it, became bigger and bigger. Now then there is this young woman, and the biggest dream and mythos of the american army is shown to be reality. Here it's said you're the safest as an american soldier because your colleagues try everything to rescue you. Here it works. It also works for the 11 dead soldiers. Somehow.
The comments in our media mostly are a bit hesitating. On the one hand we also are happy that this lady survived, on the other hand it's still possible she's a fake. And we don't understand this whole fuss about it, because that is what we always expected. They go in and rescue her. Period. The more I think about this whole war thing, I come to the conclusion, the we are really heavily different from each other. In perception, in perceiving an atmosphere, in believing in authorities and many stuff more. I wonder what the criteria are.